(Updated April 25, 2020)
Cookies and how they benefit users
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Where relevant, save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Website Function Cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of our website and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
Please be aware that adjusting the cookie settings on our website may not fully delete all of the cookies that have already been created. To delete them, visit your web browser settings after you have changed your cookie settings.
Additional information is provided below about how to disable cookies or manage the cookie settings for the leading web browser providers:
Learn how to modify your browser settings to block or filter cookies.
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so-called “spyware.” Rather than switching off cookies in your browser, you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.